- 16 hour of instruction
- Introduction to Dietary Cooking, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Heart Healthy, Low Calorie and Vegan diets.
- Concept of Flavor profiles, taste and textures
- Concepts of Grass Fed , Farm Raised, Wild Caught and Free Range Proteins
- Modern Sustainability Trends; Farm to Fork, Organic, Hyper Local, Heritage and Non-GMO
- Meat standards: USDA Inspection, Grading
- Core Understanding of Efficient Butchery – Fundamentals of Meat, Poultry and Fish Fabrication
- Total Utilization Theory
- Fundamentals of slow cooking methods – Braising and Sous-vide
- Introduction to Marinating, Pickling, and Injection
- Menu development – Costing and recipe and development
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age to attend or participate in custom training programs and a minimum of 21 years of age to attend or participate in programs where wine, beer, or cocktail tasting and/or consumption are part of the course.
Payment, Cancellations and Refunds
Custom training programs require advanced development and resources. Custom training agreements will require an advanced non-refundable payment for course design and development at a rate of $1,000 per 8 hours of planned instruction. Design and development fees are non-refundable and non-transferable and are due upon execution of agreement. Payment for scheduled custom programs is due a minimum of 90 days in advance of schedule classes and becomes non-refundable/non-transferable upon receipt.
SCI reserves the right to cancel any scheduled programs at it’s sole discretion. Refunds will only be issues in the event that SCI cancels a course/program. In order to minimize class interruptions, SCI maintains the right to deny student registrations and /or entrance if they are more than 30 minutes late or disruptive to other participants.
What to Wear
Proper attire is very important for safety & sanitary reasons and overall professionalism. All students must have an appropriate uniform standard provided by the Employer and / or SCI consisting or Chef Pants, Chef Jacket, apron, black non-slip, closed toe0shoes, cravat, black or white socks, hat, hair and/or facial hair nets where appropriate. Please refrain from wearing dangle earrings. Open Lobe piercing, Hair that covers the collar should be tied back.